At Orrington Elementary School, we believe:
When we care about each other and our community we;
- Speak and listen from the heart,
- Treat others how they want to be treated,
- Honor multiple perspectives,
- Work really hard and have fun together.
We understand and accept that everyone makes mistakes, that we stand up for ourselves and others, and when someone asks us to stop, we stop.
This is who we are even when no one is watching.
- Focus on the whole child
- Collective responsibility
- Commitment to collaboration
Orrington is an inclusive community where we value the diversity of each person's identities, experiences and perspectives to help build critical thinking skills, a love for learning, and lifelong friendships.
We will do this by...
- Holding high expectations for all members of our community.
- Providing opportunities for academic and social-emotional success.
- Ongoing knowledge seeking, reflection, and action to deliberately oppose racism and prejudice.
- Creating opportunities to explore interests and build on individual curiosity.
- Actively pursuing justice in the communities in which we live and work.
By Spring of 2025:
- 80% of K-5th grade students will meet their Spring to Spring MAP growth targets in math.
- 80% of 3rd-5th grade Orrington students will meet their Spring to Spring MAP growth targets in reading.
- 80% of K-2nd grade Orrington students who are below the meets performance level will increase their MAP fluency performance by at least 1 level
By Spring 2025, decrease the percentage of Level 3-5 behavioral infractions by 50%.
By Spring 2025, eliminate disparities for Black students in our Panorama Survey results related to Student-Teacher Relationships. (Y1 - Decrease of 6 points, Y2 - Decrease of 12 points).